Search found 43 matches

by JoannL
11 Sep 2006, 09:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ITALIAN SURNAME
Replies: 100
Views: 79060

Re: ITALIAN SURNAME

Hey everyone...Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy babysitting my granddaughter. I did talk to a OLD Sangiorgi(o) 1st cousin to my dad...she didnt give me very much info...but what she did give me I wanted to share with everyone. Her Name Is Laura..but her real name was also Concetta Sangi...
by JoannL
09 Sep 2006, 13:43

LOL....Hey Maria....I just got back from daughters house around 1:30 am my time....went to babysit my new granddaughter...2 1/2 months old...my daughter had some church retreat out of town...and my son in law had to work until midnight. So I have not done nothing until now!!!! Was just reading your ...
by JoannL
09 Sep 2006, 13:11

Hi Carolyn...I just want to tell you...THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER!!!!! EVERYONE here is so nice...and are MORE then willing to help!! They have given my ideas on surnames.....passenger list...different spellings of surname....Census and other ancestors maybe related....THEY are GREAT!! And believe ...
by JoannL
08 Sep 2006, 10:55

Maria!! You are hilarious :lol: Its people like you that keep this world going!!! I am having such a good time doing this...I think I am addicted :!: And YOU are making it fun :!: :!: :!: Well...I am almost 50 years old...so hopefully I will find them within the next 50 years...LOL. My computer will...
by JoannL
08 Sep 2006, 10:17

Maybe a coinsidence...man...I thought it was something...but now that you told me the names...none of them sound familiar...especially that ILLUMINATA. And NICOLO does not sound familiar either...nor does the name FAILLACI>! This is crazy...LOL...we can find ALL the OTHER sangiorgio's but MINE!!!!! ...
by JoannL
08 Sep 2006, 07:59

Maria, I think the Tumborello/Sangiorgio manifest could be it!! That is too much of the same names for it not to be. The ONLY one is the Guiseppe that I do not know who that could be???? Also...can you make out the names of the Sangiorgios on this manifest? I can make out Francesco...and guiseppe......
by JoannL
08 Sep 2006, 05:49
Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Replies: 128
Views: 199255

Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families

Hey all....here are some family surnames that MY Scaccia's married:

Valenza

Ippolito

di Carlo

Barcellona

Sangiorgio/Sangiorgi

Bonfonti/Buffamonti

Thanks,

Joann
by JoannL
08 Sep 2006, 05:43

ALSO....I have the CORRECT email address for the ITALIAN AMERICAN ROOTS, ALIA. if anyone wants it.

thanks...Joann
by JoannL
08 Sep 2006, 05:40

Hey Harleycat, Where in Texas are you from? I live inLake Charles, Louisiana. Can you please give me the name of your great grandfather? and also his sister? and who she was married to? Yes my family...Sangiorgio's came around 1890's...that is when I found Calogero Sangiorgio...and he is the one tha...
by JoannL
07 Sep 2006, 17:31

Maria, I have found only 2 SCIACCA's in Mezzaro...a Salvatore and a Guiseppe...Salvatore going to Michigan??(i think that is what it says)....and Guiseppe going to Detroit. BUT...I have found SCACCIA's...some going to New Jersey...some New York....some New Orleans. I am wondering if you think this i...
by JoannL
07 Sep 2006, 16:31

Sazzlynn, I will definately check into it!! Thank you so very much. How do you actually pronounce SCACCIA....and MARCHIAFAVA? I am wondering if this is the same Anna that my grandfather's brother Salvatore went to live with ???....but I was thinking she married a Bonfonti? or Buffamonti?....I am not...
by JoannL
07 Sep 2006, 09:59

Hi Sazzlynn, Boy that should would be great if I lived by you...but I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Do you know if the library here in Lake Charles would have them also? And I am not familiar with the viewing....can I view them at the library...will I use there machine to view?....I am just not f...
by JoannL
07 Sep 2006, 07:00

HOLY MOLY!!!! THIS IS GREAT!!!!! I will definately have to look this up. I also know of a SCACCIA who married a Bonfonti...or Buffamonti...or something like that...I think this SCACCIA was Rosalie's sister ANNA. Because the Relative told me that Sam went by Sam or Salvatore Bonfonti...or Buffamonti....
by JoannL
07 Sep 2006, 06:39

Hey Maria, I am not sure about the Pirrones....I dont know who they are...but we think they may have some connection..cause we found a milone married to a Pirrone...remember???...I usually have to go back and search all post...LOL. Anyway...the Sangiorgi's (Gaspare) married Concetta MALONE/MILONE/MU...
by JoannL
07 Sep 2006, 05:34

Thankis JCSM....this is what I was actually looking for ...I am going to my library here in Louisiana to see if they have these.

Thanks for the numbers.

Searching Alia, Corleone,
Families: Sangiorgi, Milone, Scaccia, Tamburello???(not sure on the correct spelling)

thanks
Joann