Search found 18 matches

by bevilacqua
24 May 2012, 20:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Visiting Ancestral Town
Replies: 11
Views: 4805

Re: Visiting Ancestral Town

I tried taking my camera to the archives - but they made me put it in a locker before they would let me go upstairs. I did not try when we went to the church.

Cheri
by bevilacqua
24 May 2012, 19:20
Topic: Visiting Ancestral Town
Replies: 11
Views: 4805

Re: Visiting Ancestral Town

Hi Natalie - My husband & I just returned from our once in a life time trip also. We got home on May 18th. We visited Arzignano in northern Italy . That is where my grandfather was born. Records for this town were kept in Vincenza (which is what we consider a county seat) - I had contacted the a...
by bevilacqua
10 Apr 2012, 19:13
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Churchs in Arzignano
Replies: 3
Views: 1858

Re: Churchs in Arzignano

Hi Tessa - thank you vry much for the quick response. Do you think that each churhc would keep their own records - or would they be at the diocese? If they are kept at the individual churches do you think they would allow people to do research?

Thanks,
Cheri
by bevilacqua
10 Apr 2012, 17:22
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Churchs in Arzignano
Replies: 3
Views: 1858

Churchs in Arzignano

Can someone help me with the names of the Catholic Churches in Arzignano, Italy? We will be there next month and would like to do research on my grandfather Angelo Bevilacqua and his parents Giuseppe Bevilacqua and Genevra Marchetteo.

Thanks,
Cheri
by bevilacqua
30 Apr 2010, 00:29
Topic: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Replies: 35
Views: 28925

Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily

Hi Valarie - even though I have been on the web-site since 2007 I have not posted much or knew how to do the PM. Thanks for that information. This is great that it looks very promising that Katie and I may be cousins. What are the chances that I would get s response from a post that I did in 2007? W...
by bevilacqua
29 Apr 2010, 18:40

Hi Katie, I believe that we are cousins!! This is so cool! I would be happy to give you more information - I think there is a private room that we can do that it. Valarie - I think you monitor the emails on this site - can you tell us how we would go about having a private conversation? Katie - look...
by bevilacqua
28 Apr 2010, 15:24

Hi Katie, I am orginially from Iron Mountain. Josephine's brother Angelo is my grandfather. My dad has passed away but some of his brothers and sisters still live in Iron Mountain and I am able to get information from them. I live about 130 miles south of there - and try to go home at least once a m...
by bevilacqua
28 Mar 2008, 23:02
Topic: Vaccari and Noris in Arzignano
Replies: 14
Views: 12032

Re: Vaccari and Noris in Arzignano

My grandfather was also from Arzignano, his name was Angelo Bevilacqua. he came to the US in 1903 with his uncle Gia Batta to see his father in Hermansville. On the 1920 census for Michigan Angelo was married to Ramona and they had 2 kids - they were living in Stambaugh Township, Caspian Village, Ir...
by bevilacqua
05 Feb 2008, 02:25
Topic: Marchetti/Bevilacqua from Arzignano, Italy
Replies: 0
Views: 3322

Marchetti/Bevilacqua from Arzignano, Italy

My great grandparents are Giuseppe and Genieve (not quite sure of the spelling) Bevilacqua from Arzignano, Italy. Giuseppe was born July 1854, Genieve approximately 1859. According to the 1910 census from Iron Mountain Michigan they had 8 children, but only 7 survived. All their children were born i...
by bevilacqua
05 Feb 2008, 02:05
Topic: Looking for info about Great Grandparents TRONETTI & BEVILAC
Replies: 7
Views: 8988

Re: Looking for info about Great Grandparents TRONETTI &

My great grandparents are from Italy also - from Arzignano in northern Italy. Giuseppe Bevilacqua married Genieve (not sure of spelling) Marchetti - they had 8 children all born in Italy. Angelo, Carlo, Alice Josehpine, Louise, Lucia, Marie, and two more that I don't know the names of. Guiseppe and ...
by bevilacqua
13 Jan 2008, 04:02
Topic: Bevilacqua, Bonco, Esposito,DelVecchio,Cisaullo GED Files
Replies: 6
Views: 7966

Re: Bevilacqua, Bonco, Esposito,DelVecchio,Cisaullo GED File

Hi Andy - I am also looking for surname Bevilacqua. My grandfather was also Angelo Bevilacqua - he was from Arzignano, Italy. His father was Giuseppe and his mother was Genieve. Her maiden name was Marchetti. They married in Italy, had my grandfather, another son Carlos, and five girls. Alyce, Josep...
by bevilacqua
06 Nov 2007, 18:13

Thanks for the quick reply Valarie!!

Cheri
by bevilacqua
06 Nov 2007, 17:45

Valarie - Angelo's father was Joseph - is that Giuseppe in Italian?

Thanks,
Cheri
by bevilacqua
06 Nov 2007, 04:40

Hi Everyone, I am back from my trip to Iron Mountain. VJ - some of the census that you found are correct!! Angelo and all his siblings were born in Italy - not sure of the city name. His father's name was Joseph and his mothers name was Genieve (not sure of the spelling) her maiden name was Marchett...
by bevilacqua
30 Oct 2007, 01:14

Hi Guys - on my post I meant the 1930 census not the 1030. Oops!

Cheri