Search found 17 matches

by ZDPerry
28 Sep 2011, 01:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Miano Family From The Province Of Messina, Sicily
Replies: 6
Views: 6703

Re: Miano Family From The Province Of Messina, Sicily

Thank you, Tessa. Yes, there is certainly something you can assist me with. Would you please educate me about records that would be available for the Comune di Fiumedinisi in the Province of Messina prior to the 1820 civil records (which I have already ordered and reviewed)? Do records of land trans...
by ZDPerry
27 Sep 2011, 03:22

Miano Family From Fiumedinisi, Messina, Sicily

As an update to the message above, Pasquale Miano (Born 1868 in Taormina, died 1909 in New York City) was first buried in Calvary Cemetery in New York City just one day following his murder. The New York City death certificate arrived for this Pasquale Miano, and while Calvary Cemetery was listed as...
by ZDPerry
22 Aug 2011, 23:32

UPDATE Another brother to Giuseppe "Joseph" Miano and to Antonino Miano has been located. This brother, Pasquale Miano, was murdered in New York City on January 21st, 1909, and (oddly enough) a gravestone exists for this brother Pasquale in Portsmouth, Virginia. A bit of research has revea...
by ZDPerry
22 May 2009, 02:08
Topic: Facenda, Famigliare and Palladino surname
Replies: 16
Views: 18975

Re: Facenda, Famigliare and Palladino surname

Dear Misbris, I am sorry to have taken so long to get back in touch with you. We just had a baby recently, so I have had to cut back on my genealogy and focus on being a father! I would certainly appreciate you doing some research for us while you are in Contursi this summer. Specifically, I am look...
by ZDPerry
07 Apr 2009, 11:36
Topic: Liste di Leva
Replies: 9
Views: 7317

Re: Liste di Leva

Conscription of all males at 18 yeards of age was instituted in 1865...even those disabled. As a consequence every Italian male who was born from about 1850 on up is listed save those who left the country at an early age. =Peter= What is considered "an early age"? Is the answer to that qu...
by ZDPerry
31 Mar 2009, 11:02
Topic: la Lista di Leva
Replies: 12
Views: 12325

Re: la Lista di Leva

I have a few questions concerning the use of the Liste di leva. Perhaps Peter or some other kind member here can help me out. Let me please give you some preliminary data: I found Antonino Miano's birth in 1865 in the City of Milazzo in the Province of Messina. My wife's great-grandfather, Giuseppi ...
by ZDPerry
28 Mar 2009, 01:50
Topic: Amato, Caragliano names in Milazzo
Views: 13791

Re: Amato, Caragliano names in Milazzo

I found a tie between the Amato family and the Miano family. As listed above, Antonino Miano was born in Milazzo on 9 Oct 1865 to Pasquale Miano (born about 1836) and Rosaria Lo Coco (born about 1836). Antonino married in the City of Messina in 1893 to Maria Flavia Tuzza. Maria's mother's name was G...
by ZDPerry
22 Mar 2009, 17:36

Dear One, Yes, we are certainly Elton's cousins! Elton and his lovely wife stopped by here recently and we all had dinner together and talked about the old family. I do know of an Italio Facenda, although I do not personally know the family. Are you a part of that family? Is your family also from Co...
by ZDPerry
22 Mar 2009, 14:56

My wife, Michelle Miano Perry, is the great-granddaughter of Marianna Facenda Manzione and the great-great-granddaughter of Tomasso Facenda and Cesarina Palladino. Known as "Annie", Marianna Facenda Manzione actually came to America hunting her father down as he had left Cesarina and the f...
by ZDPerry
22 Mar 2009, 14:43

I found the Marriage Certificate for Antonino Miano and Maria Flavia Tuzza in the City of Messina dated 18 February 1893. Antonino was listed as having been born in the City of Milazzo, but was a resident of the City of Messina at the time of the marriage in 1893. Antonino was listed as the son of P...
by ZDPerry
21 Mar 2009, 03:12
Topic: MIANO's from Reggio Calabria
Views: 9331

Re: MIANO's from Reggio Calabria

WOW is correct! I think the descendants of Brognaturo will be greatly indebted to you for ages to come, Elizabeth, as you have not only indexed these records, but you have also made copies of all the originals available on-line. Truly outstanding -- and beautifully organized as well. I am impressed,...
by ZDPerry
21 Mar 2009, 02:03

I agree. David has done a WONDERFUL job as his website is very well documented, easy to read, interesting to view, and very logical. GOOD JOB, David!! David and I have been in correspondence as we hope to tie his Miano family with my wife's Miano family as they both were from the Province of Messina...
by ZDPerry
19 Mar 2009, 20:55

David, My name on here is ZDPerry, and my wife is a Miano. I have positively tracked her Miano ancestry back to Milazzo in the same general vicinity as Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. Recent searchs through the LDS microfilms indicate that very few Mianos lived in Milazzo. The one older Miano that could ...
by ZDPerry
18 Mar 2009, 14:39

Miano Family From The Province Of Messina, Sicily

I am researching the Miano family and would appreciate any help that might be given on this family. I had replied to an earlier message concerning an unrelated family from Milazzo as that researcher was looking also looking at Milazzo, but I wanted to start this new message string so that the Miano ...
by ZDPerry
18 Mar 2009, 14:04
Topic: Amato, Caragliano names in Milazzo
Views: 13791

Re: Amato, Caragliano names in Milazzo

An old dictum has it that one should never overlook the obvious. In keeping with the dictum I came across Giovanna Coco in Capri leone (ME) 1827 and several Miano in Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto and Pozzo di Gotto,(ME) which I am sure has been reviewed by you inthe www.familysearch.org under ancestor ...