Search found 11 matches

by JerryD57
23 Aug 2012, 00:09
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Finding Palmieri or Masi Relatives in Forenza, Potenza
Replies: 16
Views: 18392

Re: Finding Palmieri or Masi Relatives in Forenza, Potenza

It has been almost 3 years and I want to thank all those who gave me information and direction. I have recently progressed after getting Maria Angela Masi's certificate of birth from Angelo Iasi to get Cristina Masi's birth certification in 1860 with her parents' names, Raffaele Masi and Angela Mari...
by JerryD57
19 Dec 2009, 21:52
Topic: Michele & Domenico De Cesare or Di Cesare
Replies: 9
Views: 10862

Re: Michele & Domenico De Cesare or Di Cesare

Thank you for the Miglionico information. I found an e-mail I sent there in April, but never heard back on and forgot about it. I resent one today. I also had not looked at the next page on the document which shows the Giuseppina and Cesidio too. Thanks again.
by JerryD57
19 Dec 2009, 18:59

An update to what I have done and found out. I still have no answers. Regarding Michele, I have contacted the town of Carapelle Carvisio on a 3 way call with a friend that spoke Italian. I followed up with a letter, as described and modified from Angelfire website, to the person, but have not heard ...
by JerryD57
31 Oct 2009, 05:26

Thanks. I have the book requested at our library system which has it. I researched the Montescaglioso FHC microfilm today from 1864-1874. Unfortunately most of those years had a lot of water damage and are unreadable or missing which would have had Cesidio De Cesare's marriage to Filomena Marchitell...
by JerryD57
28 Oct 2009, 23:15

Michele & Domenico De Cesare or Di Cesare

My grandfather, Giuseppe De Cesare, had two brothers that were with him on his first visit to the US in 1887 along with his sisters Maddalena and Eleanora and parents Cesidio De Cesare and Filomena Marchitelli. Giuseppe was only 3 years old at the time and Michele 22 and Domenico 14. I know that Ces...
by JerryD57
27 Oct 2009, 16:05

WOW!!! Thanks for the information - I'll go back to Forenza with the Maria Angela Masi and check into the others I didn't have. That 1930 census taker wasn't very good with Italian names and/or English writing! THANK YOU.
by JerryD57
27 Oct 2009, 01:01
Topic: Masi or Palmieri Relatin Potenza Province, Basilicata, Italy
Replies: 0
Views: 3129

Masi or Palmieri Relatin Potenza Province, Basilicata, Italy

I am trying to find relatives in Forenza or nearby, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy that my grandmother and great grandparents came from. Antonio Palmieri was born about 1863 (14 Sep 1863 on California death record as Anthony Palm), married or was with Christina Masi between 1885 and 1890 and had Arcange...
by JerryD57
26 Oct 2009, 19:04

In answer to a question, am I sure they were born in Forenza? Not sure of where they were born, only that Arcangela told her daughter she was from Potenza Province, that Antonio Palmieri's last place on his passenger list was Forenza, my aunt (Arcangela's daughter) had correspondence with cousins in...
by JerryD57
20 Oct 2009, 05:05

Thank you for the information to look at the reply, but unfortunately I have written the Anagraff(SP?) office in Potenza both with Arcangela Palmieri and Arcangela Masi's both reqeust and Antonio Palmieri for bth birth and marriage to Cristina Masi. The reply was that there was nothing between 1890 ...
by JerryD57
15 Oct 2009, 14:07

UPDATE TO: I am trying to find relatives in Forenza, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy that my grandmother and great grandfather came from. Antonio Palmieri was born about 1863 (14 Sep 1863 on California death record as Anthony Palm), married or was with Christina Masi between 1885 and 1890 and had Arcange...
by JerryD57
08 Aug 2009, 14:54

Finding Palmieri or Masi Relatives in Forenza, Potenza

I am trying to find relatives in Forenza, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy that my grandmother and great grandfather came from. Antonio Palmieri was born about 1863 (14 Sep 1863 on California death record as Anthony Palm), married Christina Masi between 1885 and 1890 and had Archangelina Palmieri on 8 Oct...