Libonati & Lospinoso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pemar

Re: Libonati & Lospinoso

Post by pemar »

Hi Gavin Just seen your post think we have a possible link to you my grandmother Mary Magdelene (known as Marie) was Thomoso Libonatti's youngest daughter she left India in1925 with her husband & 3 children to live in the UK. Looking forward to hearing from you.
DonnaReekie

Post by DonnaReekie »

Hi Pemar - I'm definitely related to you :-) My Grandmother, on my Father's side, is also Mary Magdalein Libonati who left India with her Husband and three young children. My father was her second born (born 1919). I have no other information for the Libonati side of the family - it would be great to hear from you...and find out who you are :-).
DonnaReekie

Post by DonnaReekie »

gavin wrote:Hi! Suanj,
Thank you for posting a reply so quickly. How do you get this info so fast? The info you have given me is of great help & opens up other areas for me.
Vittoria could be an older brother to my Thomaso. Where in family search did you find this? I have not been able to locate this in my search.
For information, my Thomaso migrated to India. he settled there & married a girl of French/Spanish background. It is said he made a few trips back to Italy from India
You are right, the birth dates of Vincenso & Christina are important & this has been the most difficult part of the search, so the Vittoria lead might just open up this area from his birth or marriage records.
Any further input from you will be greatly appreciated.
By the way I live in Sydney, Australia
Cheers!
Gavin
Hi Gavin

Your family history and mine sound very similar :-)! My grandmother was Mary Magdalein Libonati and she was born in India to Italian parents. The names of her parents that I have on her marriage certificate are "Thomas and Alice" Libonati, and she was listed as a spinster of Italian nationality. I've always thought "Thomas" was too English sounding for an Italian, so maybe my "Thomas" and your "Tomasso" are the same person? It would be great to hear from you.

Donna - Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
gavin

Post by gavin »

Hi! Donna,
I last visited this site about 3 years ago, so you can imagine my surprise when I logged on and found your post. Wow!!!
Yes, you, Pemar and I are related---I would say we are 3rd cousins as your grandmother and my grandad are brother and sister. My first post will give you details of Thomas' parents and subsequent posts also reveals a sister Victoria.
Thomas married twice, two sisters--he married Alice after the death of the first sister from whom he had 3 children. He had another 3 children from Alice, two of which were our grand parents.
I too have a South African connection, my Dad's Dad was born in Durban and moved to India when he was 4 & so my surname---Vanstien.
My email address is gaboogatch@yahoo.com--drop me a line and I will send you some photo copies of pictures (I only have photo copies my self) and Thomas' birth/baptism certificate.
Cheers!
Gavin.